It can sometimes be challenging to stay on top of your medications and health. Your pharmacist can support you by providing you with special services and tools to make taking and managing your medications and conditions easier.
Ask your Winchester Pharmasave pharmacist about all the ways we can help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
At Winchester Pharmasave, we promote our customer’s healing and wellness through our high-quality products and supplies, making them accessible whenever and wherever they are needed. We make sure that they highly comply with the medications that have been prescribed to our customers so they get the full benefit of them.
We understand how difficult it can be when you are ill, needing to take hold of the medicines you need, and having no one to hand them to you. We understand how difficult it is for seniors who may be forgetful to fully comply with their prescriptions with 100 accuracy. And how about those who need to have their prescriptions refilled but have got no time to refill them, themselves? Winchester Pharmacy has you covered.
In addition to filling prescriptions, our pharmacists offer a range of services from flu and travel vaccines to medication reviews and prescription adaptations and renewals. Your pharmacist will assess your condition and medications, and decide if you can benefit from any of these services so you get your needed assistance when it comes to maintaining your own and your family’s health and wellness. We are here to provide you with the following:
- Assessing Common Ailments. Did you know that our pharmacists are now able to assess and prescribe for 13 minor conditions or ailments? Find out more here…
- Blood Pressure Check. Did you know that 9 out of 10 Canadians will develop high blood pressure in their lifetime? Winchester Pharmasave provides FREE blood pressure monitoring. With our easy-to-use in-store blood pressure machine, and a Pharmacist available to review your results with you, monitoring your blood pressure is quick and convenient. Come in today to check yours!
- Compliance aids. These aids help you remember if and when you have taken your medication, and they come in various forms – some even indicate the time and day you should be taking your medication.
- Basic Compounding prescriptions. If your medications are not commercially available in the dose or form they were prescribed, your pharmacist may be able to mix these medications for you
- Influenza vaccinations. Your trained Winchester Pharmasave pharmacist can administer the annual flu vaccine to anyone five years of age and older.
- Medication & Sharps Disposal. Return Medication & Sharps to your pharmacy for SAFE DISPOSAL. Stop by and pick up your sharps container. Collect–Protect–Respect.
- MedsCheck. If you are taking three or more chronic medications, have diabetes, are a resident at a long-term care home, or are physically unable to get in for a visit to your pharmacy, your pharmacist may suggest a MedsCheck appointment – free of charge to those with a valid OHIP card – to review your prescription and non-prescription medications in detail.
- Medication delivery. Unable to pick up your prescription? Winchester Pharmasave offers medication delivery to patients who live within the pharmacy’s medication delivery zone.
- Smoking cessation support. In addition to recommending over-the-counter medications to help you quit smoking, some patients can also participate in the pharmacy smoking cessation program, which offers smoking cessation counselling for eligible Ontarians. Talk to your pharmacist to see if you qualify.
- Travel Vaccines and Immunizations. Book an appointment with one of our pharmacists and they will administer your vaccines for where ever you are headed. Our pharmacist will review your health information to ensure you are up-to-date with any required immunizations and vaccinate if necessary.
- Clinic days. To help you learn about specific health conditions such as heart disease or diabetes, your pharmacy may hold specialized clinic days that focus on education or risk assessment.
- Renewing a prescription. If you’re taking medication for a chronic condition, and you cannot get in to see your physician for a refill, your pharmacist may be able extend your prescription until you are able to meet with your physician. (Note: Prescription renewal does not apply to narcotics or select drug classifications. This service does not replace the need to see your physician for regular check-ups and prescription renewals.
- Adapting a prescription. If it is clinically appropriate, your pharmacist may choose to change the dose, dosage form, frequency, or route of administration of your prescription to better meet your healthcare needs. Any changes made would be done with your consent, documented, and shared with your doctor.
- Counselling services. Your pharmacist can provide a range of advice and education about prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, natural health products, medical devices, and more. Ask your pharmacist!
Our pharmacy is the ultimate one-stop shop for you to achieve your desired health status or to properly manage your illness or condition. We are here to give you the assistance that you need whenever you visit us here at Winchester Pharmasave.